Thursday, July 25, 2013

Push To The Max

Have you push yourself to the max?

If there is one thing I work hard day in day out, it is futsal.

I started with football,but futsal is more convenient because there availability of the court and the human to play with.

As I write the history of futsal in my life, I am fill with the fond memory and pleasurable nostalgia. The happiness invoke by these mere I am writing right now is the best feeling on the world where no one can take it from you.

Believe it or not, I will feel really happy by just doing some skill with ball alone, and I get this ecstasy when i learn new skill, which I will repeat it countless of times for months until I am bored of it. Heck, even the feeling of touching the ball with my bare feet is enough to give me thrill and goosebump on my sole of my feet.

It would be absolute amazing if I could play with famous player, with the like of Messi, Chritiano Ronaldo or Kaka. Somehow, Kaka is still in my heart even thought he is now no longer the great name he used to be.

This monograph may be too technical to your comfort or to be too boring for your attention but I proceed this relentlessly as it give me nothing but joy and joy itself is a treasure of it own.

I have been obsessively learning and sometimes creating new skill, at one point of the time, I have been able to execute over 80 skills, which is a tremendous amount of number for one bone-skinny , bespectacled ,nerdy guy such as yours truly, if I do say so myself.

In futsal, you will always meet someone who is a better player than you and I am no exception to this rule. I have encountered a lot 'monsters' as I call them not out of jealousy or hatred but a true statement of their prowess. How could you not call them monster when they flawlessly dribble past 3-4 guys consecutively and score a goal at impossible angle or range .I admired all these monster and I have great respect for them.

I don't have any particular futsal mate, so most of the time I just join random people in random futsal court. It all has not been a smooth journey for futsal vagabond like me, who wander from court to court or from field to field just to play the game.

I admit I have not been the most clean player in the court. During the first 3-4 years in university, there is 80% chance I will hurt/knock/kick someone over the field/court. I am guilt-ridden of course. At that time, I just simply don't know how to take it easy when chasing the ball from the other player. Right now, I am just glad I am no longer the tackle-crazy-guy who I use to be. I mellowed down, and I even give space for opponent to move. Futsal is about collective fun, not just for your own enjoyment.

In the beginning, I was never good at futsal. In fact, I'm suck at it. My taste of futsal started the same day I break my introvert bubble by going out to play in the evening ,at the age of 11. Before this, I am always at home and the outside world never interest me much. The other neirghbours' kid were playing football so I somehow join them. I spend a shit-load of time being a defender,standing in front of goal, and I did a lousy job at it. I suck badly in the game for 4 years. When I entered form 5, things started to change. I improved.
I could kick the ball 50 meter away, which a big achievement for someone who suck badly as me.

I become unstoppable when I entered university where I play at least 3 hours a day, which cause sharp decline in my academics. But I was young and such consequences never really registered in my head. Everywhere I go people would call me Messi or C Ronaldo and even Puyol.

However, I am not without a weakness. I have a of weaknesses. People often critique my lack of pass, my selfishness. I still don't know how to juggle a ball, I still don't know how to head a ball, I still fail at receiving lob pass, and I am still clueless how to shoot the ball. For me, shooting a ball is still a big mystery ,like how scientist still don't know what is in our deep ocean floor. A great majority of my goals come from placing or point blank shot.

My passion for the sport, for the game is so high it is beyond earth breach heaven. That's is an accurate assessment of my passion, and that's the reason I push my self to the limit. They say the sky is limit, for me the heaven itself is in my reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment